This isn’t your typical muffin. Its a gluten free one…. which means it has potential right? I do admit I was quite skeptical, but my patient had given me assurance that it was delicious. This is also quite the nutritious breakfast muffin: it is full of fruit, veggie, nuts and natural sweeteners. It is a great healthy option for your family and children. Note this it is a denser muffin (not like a brick, but it is dense); and because this muffin is full of shredded fruit and veggie, it turns out a little more moist then usual. So don’t give up after the first try, it takes a runs to make the texture just right. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Carrot Date Muffin
1 ½ cups shredded carrot
1 cup pitted dates
3 ripe bananas
1 tsp cider vinegar
¼ cup coconut oil
2 cups of almond meal
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
- Soak your dates in water for 20 minutes before you start to bake. Then blend them up in a food processor or mash them by hand. This will be your sweetener.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine your almond meal, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda and mix together. Set this aside.
- In a separate bowl smash your bananas and blend with your dates, and coconut oil.
- Beat in your eggs
- Add your shredded carrots
- Then add your cidar vinegar and immediately fold in in the dry mixture.
- Spoon into muffin cups
- Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 25- 30 minutes. Keep an eye on these and ensure they are cooked inside. Sometimes almond flour takes a little longer to bake And ovens may vary.