Bananas are a delicious fruit. Surprisingly bananas are considered 75% water. They are a great ingredient to add in baked goods as they add a natural sweetness and moisture to your recipes. Try this delicious vegan banana bread. This recipe was altered from the Vegan Carrot Bread Recipe.
4 mashed up ripened bananas
1 1/2 tbsp ground chia seed
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup organic grapeseed oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups light buckwheat flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
optional: chopped walnuts or chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Lightly grease a small loaf pan (9X5inch).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mashed banana, ground chia, maple syrup, coconut milk, grapeseed oil, and vanilla. Set aside while you put your dry ingredients together. This will allow the chia seed to thicken the mixture a little bit.
- In a separate bowl, mix all your dry ingredients together: buckwheat flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir. You will see that as you mix this, it will thicken quickly. This is due to the chia seeds.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes at 350F. Once it is done, check that it thoroughly cooked through by sticking a toothpick in the centre.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve.