This recipe was adapted from Bunner’s Bakeshop Cookbook. The key to simplicity in any gluten free, vegan recipe is having a Gluten free flour that works for you.
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp xanthum gum
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
3 tbsp black strap molasses
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a bowl combine your milk and vinegar and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- In another large bowl mix all your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, xanthum gum, salt.
- In a separate bowl mix your wet ingredients: honey, applesauce, grapeseed oil, molasses and milk/vinegar mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the carrots and let the batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before taking the muffins out of the tins.