This is a great recipe for a weekend brunch or a weekday brunch. What I love about this recipe is its simplicity and taste.
Mushroom Spinach Omelette
4 free run eggs
2 cloves garlic
1 small onion diced
1/2 cup of mushrooms sliced
1 cup chopped spinach
1 tsp sea salt
1/2tsp black pepper
Goat feta chopped into 1/2 cm small cubes
Sliced Tomatoes (optional)
- In a pan, sautéed your garlic and onions until the onions are almost pearly white.
- add your mushrooms and cook forO about 2 minutes
- add your spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- transfer this mixture to another bowl.
- Now whip your eggs while you add the salt and pepper for about four minutes. You can use an electric mixture or by hand.
- Pour the mixtures you pre-cooked into the eggs and stir to make a omelette mixture.
- Now pour the omelette mixture into the pan on low to medium heat.
- As the bottom side cooks, sprinkle some goat feta on top.
- After about 5-8minutes flip the omelette over. (This may take Some practice).
- Cook the other side for about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with sliced tomatoes.