This recipe is a great alternative to a traditional oatmeal cookie. The recipe was adapted by Angela Liddon oh Oh She Glows
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup almond butter
1/3-1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of rolled oats (blend into a flour with a food processor)
1 cup of almond flour (or 1 cup of raw almonds, blended into a flour with a food processor)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl mix all your wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, honey, and vanilla.
- In the food processor blend your oats and almond flour together so they form a flour together.
- Mix our flour mixture, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum, and cinnamon together.
- Now pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix.
- Spoon onto a cookie tray (1 inch rolled cookie ball) and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on the tray.