If you love chocolate and mint, this might be the cookie for you. It definitely isn’t as “clean” as the other recipes. So moderation with this one is key.
1 cup light buckwheat flour or organic spelt flour (not gluten free)
½ cup organic cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
½ cup organic butter
¾ cup loosely packed brown sugar
15 drops of mint essential oil
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line your cookie tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix your dry ingredients together: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- Cream together your butter and sugar together.
- Add a slightly beaten egg to the mixture and mix well.
- Add your Mint essential oil drops.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in your chocolate chips
- Spoon into 1.5 inch balls and place on the baking sheet
- Bake for 8 minutes
- Let the cookies sit and cool on the tray.