This recipe came to me from a colleague of mine, Dr. Nicole Telfer, ND. As these cookies have the power to stimulate a bowel movement (don’t worry at a healthy speed), they acquired the name “poo cookie.”
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups buckwheat flour
½ cup ground flax seed
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup dried currents
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup dark chocolate chips
2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup honey
¼ cup organic grapeseed oil
one 4.5 oz jar of prune baby food
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375° Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, flour, oat bran, flaxseed, dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk brown sugar, eggs, canola oil, prunes, and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Stir.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto cookie sheet. Press down gently.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
*** this recipe was originally adopted from Ultimate Foods For Ultimate Health by Liz Pearson and Marilyn Smith, and then altered slightly***