This recipe was passed down from a dear friend of mine, Catherine. She first introduced this simple and tasty recipe to me in 2003 and it has been a regular fall recipe since. This recipe is great with these types of apples: Jonathan, McIntosh, Winesap, Granny Smith, Northern Spy, Greening and Rome Beauty.
Apple Crisp (Gluten Free)
3/4 cup of Quinoa Flakes
3 tbsp of organic cane sugar
2 tbsp butter melted or coconut oil melted
1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
6 cups of peeled, thinly sliced apples, (~6 to 8 medium apples)
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup organic cane sugar
2 tbsps arrowroot flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Heat your oven to 350°F
- For the topping, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix it well. Set this aside.
- For the filling, mix all your ingredients together, until all the fruit is coated with the sugar and spices.
- Spoon the filling into a baking dish (ex. 8 inch square glass baking dish).
- Sprinkle your topping evenly over the filling
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with Coconut Dream ice cream if needed.