This looks like a lot of ingredients, but really you have to throw everything in a bowl and mix! Its full of nutritious seeds and a great source of protein and calcium. This recipe is adapted from a Naturopathic Doctor Dr. Afsoun Khalili, ND.
1/2 cup tahini butter
3/4 cup almond butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the tahini, almond butter, syrup, raisins, chocolate chips and cocoa powder.
- In a skillet, lightly toast the sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and coconut.
- Set aside to cool for ten minutes and then add to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Put on some gloves (or not) and form the mixture into small balls by hand.
- Roll the balls in a small amount of coconut.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and put into the refrigerator for 20 minutes to harden.
- Serve these delicious treats anytime.
Makes 42 Balls