I discovered the magic of rhubarb, when my friend Andrea suggested a Rhubarb crumble is easy and healthy. This Recipe was adapted from Anna Olsen’s original Strawberry-Rhubarb pie. I have adapted it to, to decrease the sugar and make it gluten free! Enjoy!
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
4 cups of rhubarb, chopped into 1cm cubes
2 cups of strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
3 tbsp of tapioca flour
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of ginger
1 pinch of salt
2/3 cup of light buckwheat flour
1/4 cup of organic cane sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 cup of butter or coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, toss your rhubarb and strawberries, sugar, tapioca flour, spices and salt. Pour this into your baking dish
- For the topping, combine all your ingredients and stir in the melted butter (or coconut oil), and mix.
- Sprinkle your crisp topping over the filling
- For crumble topping, combine flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt. Stir in melted butter just until crumbly and spread over fruit. Bake crisp on a tray at 350° F and bake for about 60 minutes, until filling is bubbling. If crust edge is browning too quickly, cover edges with a thin strip of tin foil.
- Let crisp cool and serve