Alkaline Broth is a great addition to add when you are doing a detoxification, or wanting to have something light. This combination of vegetables helps to balance the pH of your body.
1 large onion
3 stalks of celery
1 beet peeled
2 cloves garlic
1 cup fresh spinach leaves
1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
6 small potatoes unpeeled
pinch of sage
2 quarts of water
- Wash all vegetables.
- Coarsely chop all the vegetables.
- Cover with water in a non-aluminum pot
- Add sage.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer, covered, until broth has a rich flavor, about 40 minutes.
- Strain and drink hot or cold.
- For a heartier broth, remove ½ veggies, blend in blender or food processor, and return to soup
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/35034347371@N01/94244813″>Korean broth</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/”>(license)</a>