An easy quick comfort dish with all your macronutrient sources: protein, carbohydrate fat and fibre.
3-4lb free range organic whole chicken
Honey Garlic Sauce (click for recipe)
1 leek roughly chopped
2 onions roughly chopped
1 large yam roughly chopped
2 medium Red Skin Potato
2 celery sticks
1 tsp of sea salt
- Wash your chicken and marinate in the honey garlic sauce for at least 5 hours (you can prep the chicken the night before or in the morning before work).
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan with the marinade and sprinkle your sea salt on both sides of the chicken.
- Preheat your oven and broil your chicken on the top rack, breast side down, uncovered for 5-6 minutes.
- As you are baking your chicken roughly chop all your vegetables and potatoes.
- Flip your chicken to breast side up and broil for 5 minutes paying attention to not burn the legs.
- Take your chicken out of the oven and lower the rack to the middle rung.
- Now bake the chicken at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, covered for 20 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and fill your pot with the chopped vegetables and potatoes.
- Put the pot back in the oven for another 35 minutes.
- Check to see if your chicken is done, and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve sliced chicken with vegetables on the side and enjoy!