Chinese broccoli is a delicious side to add to your dinner. Chinese broccoli is a leaf vegetable with large glossy green leaves and thick stems.
Steamed Chinese Broccoli
One bunch of Chinese Broccoli (you can get this at any Asian grocery store)
3 cloves garlic minced
- Wash your broccoli by rinsing it in a bowl multiple times. You will notice that sand comes out into the rinse water. Keep washing until there is no sand.
- Trim off the bottom and toss.
- In a medium pot, boil about 1 inch of water.
- Place the Broccoli stem side down into the pot and steam for about 5 minutes. You will know when this is ready with you look at the bottom of the stem, and it is a lighter ring colour in the centre.
- In a pan, heat up your olive oil and saute your garlic.
- Add your steamed broccoli to the pan and saute for about 3-5 minutes.