I really liked this granola bar recipe was not only its nutritional value, but it was a convenient and quick process to make. This recipe was adapted from the Minimalist Baker.
1 cup packed dates pitted.
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of almond butter or natural peanut butter
1 cup of slivered almonds
1 1/2 cups of oats roasted
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp nutmeg
- Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Roast your oatmeal in the oven on 350 degrees fahrenheit and toast for 10-15 minutes as your dates are soaking.
- In a bowl, mix all your oats, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dates and set aside.
- In a separate heat proof bowl mix your nut butter and honey together and warm over a pot of hot water.
- Mix the two bowls together and transfer to a small lined pan. Spread the mixture across the plan and uniformly flatten it.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Cut up the bars and tore in the freezer for later, or eat them straight away.