With vegetables, with rice crackers, or with toast, you can tailor your hummus to have any nutritional benefit by adding various spices or foods. This one is fairly garlicky so watch out!
Savoury Hummus Dip/Spread
1 can of chickpeas soaked (at least for 1-2hours, the longer the better)
1/3 cup of tahini
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice (can use Real Lemon but fresh tastes better)
5 cloves raw garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chipotle
1 tsp dried parsley
~1/4 cup water
- You will need a food processor for this
- Wash and rinse your chickpeas and place in the food processor
- Add your tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic, and puree everything
- Assess the texture after pureeing: Is the texture smooth enough? Is it chunky? Is it so thick that its affecting the food processor? If so add water to thin out the dip until a smooth texture comes about- Usually this is about 1/4 of water.
- Add your spices: salt, paprika, chipotle, dried parsley.
- Blend all together and store in mason jars or serve.