I came upon this recipe while experimenting with some vegan recipes. As a quick recipe to put together, I found it rich in protein, fat and fibre, and as a result a great snack to add to your daily routine. You can serve this with a bean dip like hummus, or serve it with a spread of goat cheese and cucumber on top. This recipe was also adapted from one of my favourite vegan chefs Angela Liddon of Oh She Glows.
1/2 cup ground raw chia seeds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
1 cup water
1 tbsp Organic Tamari
1 tsp sea salt
2 cloves of garlic
optional spices to add as flavours: 2 tbsp rosemary; or 1 tbsp cumin seeds; or 1 tbsp oregano; or 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 330F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Do not use aluminum foil to line the baking sheet as the crackers will stick.
- In a large bowl mix the all your seeds, spice and salt together. Add your water and stir until the mixture is combined.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor and process for about 5- 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread the mixture. You want the cracker to be less then 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake at 330F for about 25-30 minutes. Remove the crackers from the oven, and flip the crackers over so that you can roast the other side. This may require you to cut the the big cracker into smaller shapes.
- Bake for another 30 minutes.
- Allow for the crackers to cool
- Store in a glass lock container and enjoy!